Friday, January 1, 2016

More Then I Imagined (Happy New Year!)

Happy New Year guys!



So I was looking over my New Year's posts from last year. I remember writing this big, long, insane list of resolutions, which you can read here. About the only thing I accomplished from that list was cleaning out my e-mail inbox AND my closet. I did good. ;)

I didn't go to ACFW with a new manuscript. Instead I signed a contract with WhiteFire Publishing. The reason I cleaned out my closet was because I had a baby, and most of my clothes no longer fit me. I had a bunch of complications and a serious medical condition. I left my day job, and my husband and I learned to rely on God even more. I've got my first joyous, sleep deprived taste of motherhood thanks to my beautiful daughter. And although my husband might claim I did, I definitely did not buy a new book every week. I've had a host of blessings, rejections, fears, joys, struggles, and changes this year.

Basically, the last year has been like that ride that shoots you into the air really fast, and then drops you before your heart has a chance to catch up with you. More has happened then I could have possibly dreamed.

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

God did more for me then I'd expected or even hoped for this year. Despite all the trials and hardships this year, He gave me things I'd prayed desperately for, given up on, and hadn't even asked. I have no predictions for 2016. I know that despite the bad days, God is going to keep on blessing us, because that's just what He does.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

However, I want to bless God back this year. I want to be a worthy daughter to the King of Kings. I want to make my Father proud. I want to chase God with my whole heart faster and harder then I ever have before now.

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

That's what I want for 2016.

God bless you guys so much this coming year. May it be more then we ever could have dreamed! :) See you on January 10th!

V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment