Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thankful

On November 25th, I had a baby.

My beautiful baby girl, Maddie. :)

After a day of irregular labor, two days of stalling labor, and painfully long induction, an hour of pushing, a failed forceps delivery, and then an emergency C-section, my sweetly crying baby girl was held up Simba style for my husband and I to see. After such a long and difficult pregnancy, there was the beautiful baby that had been occupying the majority of my thoughts for the last nine months.

And she was absolutely perfect. Still is.

Today's post isn't going to be a regular blog post. I was in the hospital for a six days, and am recovering from a C-section with my sweet daughter who has decided she needs to be in my arms in order to sleep. I'm still a little out of it. I just wanted to share this wonderful event with you guys, and ask for your prayers during recovery and sleepless nights.

I am so incredibly thankful for God's hand in such a long, difficult, and scary time, but I'm beyond words thankful to God for my amazing daughter. It was the perfect Thanksgiving present from Him.

Daughter. That seems so weird to say. :)

Thanks guys! I'll see you on December 10th!

V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment