Monday, September 23, 2019

Review of You Belong With Me by Tari Faris


About the Book ~

Realtor Hannah Thornton has many talents.
Unfortunately, selling houses isn't one of them.

When a business tycoon determines to raze historic homes in the small town of Heritage, Michigan, and replace them with a strip mall, Hannah resolves to stop him. She sets about helping Heritage win a restoration grant that will put the town back on the map -- and hopefully restore her disgraced family name. But she'll need help to do it.

As a foster kid, Luke Johnson never truly felt he belonged. Now he has a chance to earn his place in his hometown. But he doesn't anticipate how his relationship with Hannah will set into motion events that reveal the truth about who he is -- and who he was.

For more information about Tari Faris and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

You Belong With Me by Tari Faris stole my heart! Goodness, guys! It is so cute, fun, humorous, and full of God's grace!

I couldn't help but hear the Taylor Swift song with the same title while I was reading -- and it totally fits with this charming story! You will route for girl next door in this friends-to-lovers romance! And you also get to see Hannah's brother -- Thomas -- and his love story. So sweet! Additionally, the town of Heritage was adorable! I want to live there. Thankfully, I can live there vicariously through this sweet story because I automatically adore anything that gives me Gilmore Girls vibes!

There were so many "grace points" and wonderful insights sprinkled throughout the story as the characters navigated their messy lives. I loved how the author worked those truths into the story! And I appreciated that while the author included some things that could have been very triggering, they were handled with loads of -- yup, you guessed it -- grace, so the story still felt light and humorous! Also, I gotta say that I love it when characters overreact in big ways and make big mistakes. Why? Because that's life. It doesn't mean I don't want to shake some sense into those characters, but I can relate to those characters. We all make mistakes. We all break things. But as the Hannah, Luke, and the other characters come to understand, God can use those broken things to make something entirely new and beautiful!

Five Stars ~ You Belong With Me by Tari Faris is full of charm, romance, and the sweet balm of God's truth! You Belong With Me is the first full-length novel in the Restoring Heritage Series by Tari Faris. I'm really looking forward to the next book!

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer

V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and Weddings, Willows, and Revised Expectations, and she is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment