Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Review of Unbreakable by Sara Ella


About the Book ~

Eliyana Ember is a reluctant queen. As vessel of the Verity—the purest of souls—only she can lead the fight against the wicked magnetism of the Void. If she fails, the paths between Reflections will cease to exist, and those she loves will remain plagued by darkness.

After falling through a draining Threshold and suffering near-death, Eliyana awakens to a Shadowalker-ridden Venice, Italy. From there, she must learn to navigate mysteries of time and space. Traveling across the seven Reflections, Eliyana seeks one thing: the demise of the Void.

But something else is at stake—the fate of her heart. Kyaphus Rhyen and Joshua David, brothers in arms, duel to win her hand. Ky remains ensnared and tortured by the Void. Joshua, though well-meaning, harbors dark secrets. Meanwhile, Eliyana finds herself torn, her mind and memories leading her in one direction, but her heart pulling her toward a man she knows she shouldn’t trust.

How can she discern whom to believe when she cannot even depend on her own fragmented memories?

Traversing the realms of fantasy and reality through a labyrinth of plot twists, Unbreakable delivers a thrilling conclusion to Sara Ella’s Unblemished Trilogy

For more information about Sara Ella and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

So many words could be used to describe Unbreakable. Stunning. Amazing. Devastating. Healing. Big, beautiful words that don't even begin to describe this epic tale.

So go read the book and we can stutter like fools together. ;-)

Unbreakable almost broke me, guys. Like I cried for hours and I couldn't write this review for several days because I just couldn't process all the awesome in this final *wails* book. The places... The discovers... The devastation... You should have a little recording of Janice from Friends to add a little background vocal to the shocking reveals. The characters, the story, the subplots, everything comes so full circle, even the circles have circle. Am I rambling? Well, go read the book and you'll understand why I ramble!

My heart ached for Eliyana, Ky, and Joshua. I kept wanting to tell Eliyana what was true and false, but alas she couldn't hear me. *sigh* I longed for El and Ky to be reunited, and when that sweet moment finally arrived, all. the. feels. I also loved the additional perspective of Ebony! A character I originally hated became one of my favorites.

And I'm still #TeamKy for Eliyana, but I'm also for a #happyendingforjoshua. Always. <3 So I'm #TeamJoshua, too. I love both boys. LOL! My heart ached doubly for Joshua. However, I understand why Sara Ella took the direction she did, and I applaud her for it. I would not have been strong enough to do it.

Five Stars ~ Unbreakable was nothing like I expected and more that I ever could have hoped for this final *moans* book. Unbreakable is a powerful story about the triumphant power of love and the choice within all of us to choose the good or the bad. If you haven't read Unblemished and Unraveling respectively, then you MUST read them before diving into Unbreakable. I can't stress this enough. (Also, why haven't you read them??? Go! Binge read!)

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

Any questions? Check out my Disclaimers Page!

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer


V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment