Saturday, May 19, 2018

Review of Storm Front by Susan May Warren


About the Book ~

Life and love hang in the balance during a deadly summer of storms.

A tornado has destroyed a small Minnesota community, and among the missing are not only a group of students but also PEAK Rescue team leader Chet King. Ty Remington will stop at nothing to rescue his mentor, not even when the girl he loved--and lost--walks back into his life. But Brette needs his help more than he knows, despite her stubborn determination to push him away. And when he gets a second chance, loving her just might cost him more than he can imagine.

A blogger for Vortex Storm Chasers, Brette Arnold didn't expect her adventures to land her in the same place as Ty, the guy who she walked--no, ran--from over a year ago. She had her reasons--good ones. The kind that tell her that falling for him again would only lead to heartache. But Ty isn't the kind of man to give up--not on the missing students or on her.

For more information about Susan May Warren and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

Warning: do not read during strong winds! This book is a wild ride and there's no need to add heart palpitations to the evening's activities!

Storm Front might be my second favorite book (so far) in the Montana Rescue Series. (Nothing can ever replace number one, Rescue Me. I heart Sam and Willow's story!) Join the PEAK Rescue team on their latest adventure, and don't forget to breathe!

And can I just say that my inner meteorologist geek LOVED living vicariously through this story? I used to tease my family that I wanted to be a storm chaser one day, and I've always been fascinated with tornadoes. (Okay, I'm TERRIFIED, too! LOL!) So yeah, I had a lot of fun with this book! Storm geek, party of one! ;-)

If you've been waiting for Ty's story, then you won't be disappointed! This swoony, I'll-be-there-for-you, vulnerable hero will leave you feeling like you've melted on a hot July day. If you felt like Ty and Brette's relationship fell into the pitfalls of insta-love, then I'm pleased to tell you I was delighted with the way Susan May Warren added substance, depth, and a love you could root for into their story. I had a hard time with the breast cancer angle in the story (some things just hit too close to home), but I found even that to be well done, a storyline with struggles and fears that will be relatable to many readers. This is a novel that tackles fear, dragging it to the ground and helping the reader see their fears through God's heart of love.

Five Stars ~ Storm Front is an epic adventure that you won't want to miss! However, I strongly urge you to read the previous four books (Wild Montana Skies, Rescue Me, A Matter of Trust, and Trouble Waters respectively) before diving into this new adventure. Just trust me on this. :-)

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

Any questions? Check out my Disclosures and Policies Page!

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer


V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment