Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Review of Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason





About the Book ~

Elite Guardians bodyguard Haley Callaghan may be in South Carolina, but when a photo leads investigators in West Ireland to open a twenty-five-year-old cold case, her life is suddenly in danger. Haley knows how to take care of herself; after all, she's made a career out of taking care of others. But after an uncomfortably close call, Detective Steven Rothwell takes it upon himself to stay with her--and the young client she has taken under her wing. A protector at heart, he's not about to let Haley fight this battle alone.

In a sweeping plot that takes them into long-buried memories--and the depths of the heart--Haley and Steven will have to solve the mystery of Haley's past while dodging bullets, bombs, and bad guys who just won't quit.

For more information about Lynette Eason and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

A chilling cold case, a long lost family, the start of a swoony romance, and bad guys behind every page - this story is one wild ride!

Haley's story is finally told, and I have to you, it's staggering! I really want to say more, but I don't want to give anything away, so you'll just have to read the book. *winks and grins*  I have always loved the long lost family trope, and this story is no different. While Haley's story really thrilled me, Steven's spiritual story touched my heart. Through Steven's heartbreaking tragedy and some wonderfully veiled references, Lynette Eason shows readers how forgiveness can lead to a new heart.

I liked that Haley and Steven's romance was slow because otherwise it would have felt too fast for me. By the end of the overall story, they were just starting to date, and an epilogue gave me the Happily Ever After that I love so much.

Four Stars - An excellent conclusion to an exciting series! Chasing Secrets is the fourth and final book in Lynette Eason's Elite Guardians Series, and I think readers will be very pleased! Chasing Secrets is its own independent story, and very few references are made to the previous books, so readers will not be confused if they consume the stories out of order.

I received a copy of Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. All opinions expressed are my own.

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer


V. Joy Palmer is an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. Joy is a youth leader because she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment