Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review of For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund



Description:

Lady Sabine is harboring a skin blemish, one, that if revealed, could cause her to be branded as a witch, put her life in danger, and damage her chances of making a good marriage. After all, what nobleman would want to marry a woman so flawed?

Sir Bennet is returning home to protect his family from an imminent attack by neighboring lords who seek repayment of debts. Without fortune or means to pay those debts, Sir Bennet realizes his only option is to make a marriage match with a wealthy noblewoman. As a man of honor, he loathes the idea of courting a woman for her money, but with time running out for his family’s safety, what other choice does he have?

As Lady Sabine and Sir Bennet are thrust together under dangerous circumstances, will they both be able to learn to trust each other enough to share their deepest secrets? Or will those secrets ultimately lead to their demise?

For more information about Jody Hedlund and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts:

I should inform you that Lady Sabine happens to be my long lost ancestor. Don't be intimidated. ; )

Ok, while I'm regretfully not really related to Lady Sabine, I found her to be a lot of fun! She's witty and has a bit of a smart mouth. Also, I found her to be genuine. Sabine has this terrible, purple birth mark on her arm, one that she has struggled with all her life. People have feared her, rejected her, and treated her with disdain - all for something God used to make her unique! I liked the back and forth battle Sabine endured as she learned to accept herself.

And Sir Bennet is such a knight. "Honor" is his middle name. (I mean, I assume it is. I don't think we actually learn his middle name, so it must be "Honor." That's logical.) However, this handsome knight still has a lot to learn when it comes to God, mercy, and yes, honor.

It still had its fluffy moments, but a bit of fluff never hurt anyone. It can be rather nice. All things considered, this was such an enjoyable story and an easy read! Anyone who loves knights and fairytales should definitely read this book. Right. Now. This may be my favorite story in the series!!

Five Stars. I very much enjoyed the conclusion to this sweet series! For Love and Honor is the third and final book in Jody Hedlund's young adult, medieval series. If you enjoyed An Uncertain Choice and A Daring Sacrifice, then you will want to meet Sir Bennet and Lady Sabine. Fans of Melanie Dickerson would probably enjoy these books, also!

I received For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund published by Zondervan from BookLook Bloggers. All opinions expressed are my own.

God bless you guys, and I'll see you next time!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment