Sunday, February 1, 2015

Random Discoveries

I am kind of a random person. That's why I like Gilmore Girls so much. Lorelei Gilmore's powers of quick-witted, random yammering is something I envy with every fiber of my being.

I have made it my mission to be random. Maybe I should start with a catchphrase...


One of my favorite Gilmore Girl catchphrases. Onwards to the next random thing!

In my continuous effort to be random, I've got a great list of randomness for you. Yes, more lists. :)

My husband happened upon this article post thing on Facebook titled: Ridiculous But True Facts That Will Make People Think You're A Liar.

How can that not be a good idea? So I thought I'd share some of them with you.

Here I go with the numbering things again...

1. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

2. On her last birthday, Betty White was older then sliced bread.

3. If you were able to dig a hole to the center of the earth, and drop something down it, it would take 42 minutes for the object to get there.

4. On both Saturn and Jupiter, it rains diamonds.

5.  Harvard University was founded before Calculus existed.

 6. It's never said that Humpty Dumpty was an egg in the nursery rhyme.

7. The water in Lake Superior could cover the entire United States in a foot of water.

8. It only took 66 years after the first airplane flight to the first time we landed on the moon.

9. Hippo's produce pink milk.

10. The national animal of Scotland is a Unicorn.

Ha! Pink milk and unicorns...we live in a strange, weird world. Hope you enjoyed that.

I recently read a cute, sweet romantic comedy.


This is such a good read for anyone who wants to be a writer! While being a sweet romance with a modern twist on the age-old accidental marriage plot, this book is set with two writers! The whole time I read this, it pulled on my writer heart-strings. I felt like I was at the ACFW conference again, and reliving all my appointments and events! If you want to know what a writer's life is like - minus the accidental marriage - this is the book to read!

Hopefully it does not scare you.  ;)

I can't wait to dive into the next two books in the series!


Let's talk God stuff. I found this and shared it on my other blog, Snack Time Devotions. It just seemed too cool not to share with you guys, too.

"David departed from there and escaped to the cave of Adullam. And when his brothers and all his father's house heard it, they went down there to him." 1 Samuel 22:1

I can't tell you how many times I've read this verse, and totally glossed over it. It's one of those verses that seem inconsequential, and just explains who went where and when.

But I've learned nothing in inconsequential in the Bible. Even if it is a who when went where and when verse. So I acknowledged this verse, and what do you know, God showed me something new, a random discover within His Word. I've never really thought about it, but David really didn't have the best relationship with his family.

In 1 Samuel 16, David’s father, Jesse, didn’t give David the time of day. He didn’t tell him that Samuel was there to anoint one of them as future king.  None of them even considered that that David could be the one God had picked to be king.
In 1 Samuel 17, Jesse sent David to see how his other sons were faring in the war. When David got there and defended God, his brother Eliab was angry at him, an accused him of just sneaking down to see the battle.
In 1 Samuel 18-22, he marries Saul’s daughter, Michal, moves into/near the palace, and starts a life serving the king with his new family away from his old family. That is, until he has to run for his life without his new family.
We have no reason to believe that David’s family would support him during this time of his life when he was claiming Samuel had anointed him to be the future king, but Saul is trying to kill him for treason. They overcame their differences. They stuck together. They supported him and God’s call on his life.
“But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” 1 Timothy 5:8
David’s family eventually came to this conclusion. They realized that God had ordained and picked David, and that they needed to support him. Can you imagine how happy he was when they showed up to support him?

I never found it weird that David’s family came and found him. I mean, if I was in David’s situation, I know my family would be standing there behind me like a movie poster of unlikely heroes. My parents are divorced, and when we moved with my mom to her home state, my grandparents, aunts, and uncles welcomed us into their homes in our time of need. Point is, if you’ve got family who is really, truly following God, then support them. Love them. Provide for them and help them. It’s important. Even if they've screwed up, don't turn your back on them. We all need our family to be there for us in the hard times.

I LOVE this song!



 God bless you guys! I will see you on February 10th! :)
V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment