Monday, November 25, 2019

Review of Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters


About the Book ~

Welcome back to Walton, Georgia, where everyone knows your name -- but no one knows your secret.

Independent and tenacious journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia, for one reason -- to do her job and get out. When her boss suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances, Vivian's only hope for finding the truth -- and the next big story -- is small-town law enforcement's lanky poster boy, Deputy Ryan Frost. But the deeper they dig, the more twisted the truth becomes. False leads, incriminating emails, and someone called the Watcher force Vivian to fight for answers -- and her life.

For more information about Natalie Walters and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

Guys, Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters was sooo good!!!

Hmmm...I wonder how many times I can tell you that Deadly Deceit was "sooo good" before my paltry offering of words looses all meaning...

But really...Deadly Deceit was sooo good!!!

I was really pleased with Deadly Deceit! There was a uniqueness to the entire story, and I don't say that lightly! The small town gave the story a fun setting and allowed me to connect in a genuine way. The people and town events of Walton charmed me, and the overall mystery with its cyber angle felt realistic. I really loved that Vivian was a reporter because I don't see enough reporters in fiction anymore. I also enjoyed how the suspense flowed nicely with the personal struggles Vivian and Ryan were overcoming.

Speaking of which, Vivian and Ryan were sooo good! I loved the humor in the whole story, but their banter was the best! All the superhero references made my inner geek grin from ear to ear! Both of them had some daddy issues, and the realistic ways these wounds affected them in their lives was refreshing to read. I cheered all the more as they individually allowed God's love to shine into those dark places, illuminating the lies that said they needed to prove themselves or earn love!

Five Stars ~ Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters is a romantic suspense you don't want to miss! It's -- last time -- sooo good! Deadly Deceit is the second book in the author's Harbored Secrets Series from Revell, but it can be read as a standalone without any issue. I will definitely be reading the third book, Silent Shadows!

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer

V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and Weddings, Willows, and Revised Expectations, and she is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment