Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Review of Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner


About the Book ~

After four years with her boyfriend, Cadie McCaffrey is thinking of ending things.

Convinced Will doesn't love her in the "forever" way she loves him, Cadie believes it's time for her to let him go before life passes her by. When a misunderstanding leads to a mistake, leaving her hurt, disappointed, and full of regret, she finally sends him packing.

But for Will, the end of their relationship is only the beginning of his quest to figure out how to be the man Cadie wanted him to be. With the dubious guidance of his former pro-athlete work friends and tactics drawn from Cadie's favorite romantic comedies, Will attempts to win her back. It's a foolproof plan. What could possible go wrong?

For more information about Bethany Turner and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

I don't know if I'm crying because I loved Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner sooo much, or if I am mourning the fact that this wonderful story is over! I adored each and every word, but I hated that each word I read brought me closer to the end! And that ending! AMAZING! Yeah, I'm gushing, but "you had me at hello" Wooing Cadie McCaffrey! That is, if books can say hello...

In addition to the attempted recreation of rom-com moments that make the heart happy, a deep spiritual plot, and an abundance of laugh-out-loud lines, Will and Cadie are one of my favorite literary couples! They are dorky, funny, a little clueless, and so very relatable! Their struggles with desire, miscommunication, regret, guilt, and forgiveness are so real to the average reader. (And I'm with Cadie when it comes to sports stuff, LOL!)

But what makes this novel especially realistic is how the author wasn't afraid to approach some topics that Christians tend to want to avoid. Will and Cadie make a mistake in the story...yes, that mistake. The mistake isn't glorified, but it DOES happen. Yes, even to Christians. And I love that there's a grace-filled book in Christian Fiction that shows the struggle of regret, guilt, and forgiveness with this particular topic! As Cadie's bestie Darby says to her, we all mess up in different ways and do things we swore we'd never do, but we need to figure out how to move forward after the mistake. At it's heart, Wooing Cadie McCaffrey looks at the commitment to love someone after mistakes have been made and how to move forward knowing you are securely wrapped in God's unfailing love.

Five Stars ~ Simply put, Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner is one hundred percent amazing! This is a story filled with truth, grace, forgiveness, and perfectly-timed comedy interspersed with some of the most memorable rom-com moments in history! Wooing Cadie McCaffrey is a standalone, but I also highly recommend the author's debut novel, The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck!

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own. I also purchased an additional copy, but I was not required to do this.

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer

V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and Weddings, Willows, and Revised Expectations, and she is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment