Monday, October 15, 2018

Review of Shelter of the Most High by Connilyn Cossette


About the Book ~

The daughter of a pagan high priest, Sofea finds solace from her troubles in the freedom of the ocean. But when marauders attack her village on the island of Sicily, she and her cousin are taken across the sea to the shores of Canaan.

Eitan has lived in Kedesh, a city of refuge, for the last eleven years, haunted by a tragedy in his childhood, yet chafing at the boundaries placed on him. He is immediately captivated by Sofea, but revealing his most guarded secret could mean drawing her into the danger of his past.

As threats from outside the walls loom and traitors are uncovered within, Sofea and Eitan are plunged into the midst of a murder plot. Can they uncover the betrayal in time to save their lives and the lives of those they love?

For more information about Connilyn Cossette and her books, check out her website here!

My Thoughts ~

Shelter of the Most High is another moving, eye-opening, and soul-stirring literary masterpiece by Connilyn Cossette!!!

If you're not in the mood for a gush review, then I suggest you leave now. Or go read the book and see for yourself. That's a better option. ;-)

I loved everything about this beautiful story! Everything! From the pirate angle (Yes, pirates in a Biblical Fiction novel! #winning) to the sweet romance to the characters I have spent YEARS loving to the powerful truths amongst the pages just waiting for readers to discover them!

Sofea had this free-spirited islander, Disney's Moana quality. Her island life seemed beautiful until she encountered God's people, opening her mind's eye to the heinous acts of her people that she had been trying to ignore. Though she had many, many reasons inflicted by the enemy to mistrust Him, it was truly beautiful watching God woo Sofea! My heart nearly burst as she discovered the one and only God, a God of love Who had declared her precious.

I loved seeing Eitan as a grown man! My heart ached for the burden he had been carrying, but when he finally laid those burdens down and accepted the mercy he had been freely given...well, reading that felt like I had been invited into a sacred moment... While his relationship with Darek started off strained, this father-son thread gripped my heart and illustrated the way God can restore even the most broken of families.

There were so many amazing truths in this novel! Each chapter, each moment, each character spoke volumes to me, tearing me in two before reuniting me with its goodness. I had tears in my eyes (and some full-on sobs) the entire time I was reading Shelter of the Most High. Trust me when I say you will not set this book down without experiencing a unique touch from Abba God! <3

I always like to remind readers that Biblical Fiction is still fiction. However, the fictional aspects of this story do NOT compromise the facts of the Bible. The author did an amazing job with her research, and she shares some of her findings in her note at the end of the story.

Five Stars ~ Shelter of the Most High is a gorgeous masterpiece! Shelter of the Most High is the second book in the Cities of Refuge Series by Connilyn Cossette. It can be read as a standalone, but you'll experience more story depth and see some beloved characters if you read A Light on the Hill and the Out from Egypt Series first. I am sooo excited for the next book in the series - Until the Mountains Fall - which releases July 2nd, 2019!

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

Any questions? Check out my Disclosures and Policies Page!

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!
 
Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer

V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.
 
Connect with Joy on her website, personal blog, devotional blogFacebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment