Thursday, March 29, 2018

Review of A Pocketful of Hope for Mothers by Robin Jones Gunn



About the Book ~

You love the sweetness in his little smile and the way she wiggles her tiny toes in delight. You love the beautiful chaos that your life has become. And then come the challenges of motherhood. The exhaustion. The frustration. In A Pocketful of Hope for Mothers, Robin Jones Gunn reminds us that as moms, the only thing we need to do each day is to live with a selfless spirit, a tender heart, and all the gusto our giddy souls can muster. She reminds us that no matter how fragmented our lives may feel right now, all that matters is that we love well. God is near, giving us encouragement and hope as we care for the little soul that has been entrusted to us. This collection of heartwarming vignettes, inspiring quotes, and simple prayers makes a perfect gift of inspiration for all mothers and moms-to-be.

My Thoughts ~

All the hearts! All the feels! All the hope!

I don't read a lot of nonfiction books, but Robin Jones Gunn is a favorite author of mine. I've read and loved several of her nonfiction books, and since my mommy heart needed a boost, I leapt at the chance to read A Pocketful of Hope for Mothers!

It's gorgeous!

First of all, look at that artwork! If I could, I'd frame each page. They are so beautiful! There's even a little Christy Miller artwork. <3 <3 <3

While I loved the Bible verses, prayers, and quotes, my favorite parts were the short accounts Robin Jones Gunn included from her journals as her children were growing up and started having children of their own. ("Fluffy Tea in the Tub" is my favorite.) You will feel so connected to this woman who has experienced some of the same struggles and triumphs in motherhood as you.

Which I suppose is kind of the point... ;-)

While you laugh and cry, you will feel a beautiful restoration of your spirit as God whispers His loving truths to you, dear mama. So get a cup of "fluffy tea" and start reading!

Five Stars ~ Simply beautiful! A lovely book that I'll read again and again whenever I need its loving truths, and one I think every mother would benefit from reading.

Disclaimer ~ In accordance with FTC regulations, I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not compensated, nor was a positive review required. All opinions expressed are my own.

Any questions? Check out my Disclaimers Page!

See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!

Hugs!

~V. Joy Palmer


V. Joy Palmer is the author of Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She is also an avid blogger and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions. In her spare time, Joy is an unprofessional chocolate connoisseur/binger, and she loves acting crazy and drinking coffee with the teens she mentors. When Joy isn’t urging the elves that live in her computer to write, she’s hanging out with her husband, their adorable baby girl, and their socially awkward pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment