Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Image result for happy mothers day images

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom and I were talking a couple days ago. I asked her what she wanted for mother's day, and she said she didn't want anything. I pressed her, and she jokingly said a bag of dirt for her flower gardens.

Nothing says "I love you, Mom," like a bag of dirt.

Yeah, right.

But that's a mom for you. They love to bless their children, help them, make life easier for them, and they will love any bizarre gift that comes from the heart.

Because you gave it to them.

I haven't been a mom for very long, but from the moment I knew I was pregnant with my baby girl, there isn't anything I wouldn't have done for her. I would give my life for her, almost did. Since becoming a mom, I have a new appreciation for all that my mother and all the motherly women in my life have done for me. I'm so thankful that they continue to be there for me.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, stepmoms, mother-in-laws, aunts, birth moms, adoptive moms, and "second" moms out there. You guys are amazing.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed...." Proverbs 31:28a

V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment