Saturday, November 1, 2014

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

I am the new kid on the block in the author world.

There are moments when I wonder how I got to "Author/Writer." When I was six years old, I wanted to be school teacher......or a bus driver. When I was twelve, I wanted to be a singer, and I started writing my own music. I know, I know. All throughout these years, I would start and stop dozens of stories without ever taking the hint. In high school, things started to change. Slowly I started to realize that I actually liked writing assignments! There would only be approximately six seconds of groaning before I started to get excited about whatever story I was about to invent or whatever topic I was about to tackle. Strange? Totally! However, it opened my eyes, and made me realize that writing was part of my calling.

So I started writing. I am a member of Faithwriters.com and American Christian Fiction Writers. I am co-author and co-founder of Snack Time Devotions (snacktimedevotions.blogspot.com) and the spin off blog, Snack Pack for Kidz (snackpackdevotinsforkidz.blogspot.com). I have written a fun, romantic novel (think Say Yes to the Dress meets Janice Thompson, Erynn Mangum, Jenny B. Jones.) If that sounds good to you, then stay tuned!

I got married to my warrior knight, Samuel Palmer, on August 24th, 2013. That's a good story. I'll have to tell ya'll about it sometime!

I have been a youth leader at my church for almost five years! Another huge part of my calling, and who I am as a person. God has given me such a love for each and every kid that comes through those doors. This is something I never imagined myself doing, but I can't imagine life without it. The first time I did any public speaking, my right eye twitched the entire time. It's amazing how God works!

Since ya'll will be getting to know me very well in the future, I won't talk your ear off. So here are some random facts for your entertainment.

1.  I am a Jesus Freak.
2.  My favorite color is purple.
3.  Potato casserole is my absolute favorite meal. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
4.  True to the writer stereotype, I love coffee. Which brings me to......
5.  My second favorite drink at Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Spice, which is not coffee. My favorite drink is the Salted Caramel Mocha.
6.  I am a native Gilmore Girls resident. The Facebook quiz said so.
7.  I used to hate reading as a kid. My parents had to bribe me to read.



My how times have changed. And that's not even half of them!

It's been great sharing with you guys! If you're not sick of me yet, you can e-mail me at v.joypalmer@gmail.com, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I would love to hear from you, whether it's about writing, God, a prayer request, or advice on those bright, multi-colored floral leggings.

Ahem. My advice would be no. I endorse solid colors for leggings.

That's all for now! Look for my author blog posts on the 1st, 10th, and 20th of each month!



Sorry this one is so grainy!


Well, it's a long way from bus driver, but I think I'm okay with that.

Love,

V. Joy Palmer

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Joy! It was so cool getting you know sweet quiet you a little better! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete